What is a Sumo Logic App?
A Sumo Logic app is a set of pre-built Sumo Logic dashboards and searches that analyze data from one or more vendor products. Examples: VMware Carbon Black, Jenkins, Linux.
Apps are hosted in the Sumo Logic app catalog.
The App Intelligence Partner Program
The Sumo Logic App Intelligence Partner Program allows trusted Sumo Logic partners to build Sumo Logic applications that are part of the official Sumo Logic app catalog. Partners are responsible for the support and maintenance of the app.
The app development process is divided into the steps below. By following these steps, the app can be developed alongside Sumo Logic to ensure you can publish apps in the Sumo Logic App Catalog as soon as possible:
Note: Please send all documents and artifacts outlined below to: email@example.com
Step 1: Submit an app for consideration
Partner fills in the App Launch Sheet and send to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
Step 2: Sign Documents
Once, the app request has been approved, the partner signs the Mutual NDA and the Sumo Logic Contribution Agreement. Sumo Logic will route these documents to the partner for review and signature via DocuSign.
Step 3: Learn
Partner applies for a Sumo Logic enterprise development account using this form.
Partner can use the following resources to get started with Sumo:
- The Certifications page (Fundamentals and Search Mastery in particular) have webinars and tutorials and labs to help you quickly started with Sumo
- Sumo Training Videos
- Sumo Doc Site for all Apps and Docs
- Building dashboards and alerts
- Sumo Logic Community Github Site
To get technical help please join the Sumo Logic Dojo or contact email@example.com
Step 4: Prepare and Review Documentation
Technical documentation describing how to install and use the app should be included in the README file associated with the Partner's app in submitted in GitHub (see Step 6). Please refer to the README template here to get started on documentation prior to submitting your app.
Additionally, partners may also choose host the same documentation on their website.
Step 5: Technical Review of the App and Documentation
Once the app is developed and the docs are written up, the Partner contacts firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a one hour review session with Sumo Logic. A couple of reviews may be needed.
Step 6: Create a GitHub Pull Request to Publish the Application
All Sumo Logic applications developed by partners are published through GitHub from the Public Partner Apps repository. The steps to export your app from Sumo Logic and create a GitHub pull request for app submission are located in the repository itself.
Step 7: Launching Your App
Please send each of these deliverables to email@example.com when done:
- Partner fills in a template for the app/integration to be showcased on the Sumo Logic Apps page
- Partner writes a blog describing the integration and how it benefits joint customers. Our recommendations is that the blog (after approval) be posted on the Sumo Logic website first and then on the partner website (for SEO purposes). (This is optional but highly recommended)
- Partner develops a short 2-4 minute video describing the integration. This is optional but highly recommended so field teams from both companies can understand and explain the joint value.