Multi-Level Program Provides Users with the Knowledge, Skills and Competencies to Harness the Power of Machine Data Analytics and Maximize Investment in the Sumo Logic Platform
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Aug. 1, 2017 – Sumo Logic, the leading cloud-native, machine data analytics platform delivering continuous intelligence, today announced the launch of the Sumo Logic Certification Program. The certifications recognize professionals with the proficiencies needed to effectively analyze their machine data, while providing users with the knowledge, skills and competencies required to maximize use the Sumo Logic platform in order to realize their full data insight potential to build, run, secure and manage their modern applications.
The Sumo Logic platform on average analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, executes over 20 million searches and queries more than 300 trillion records every day, making it one of the most powerful machine data analytics platforms in the industry. Users who complete the Sumo Logic Certification Program will experience a number of benefits including: increased value of skills by learning how to convert machine data into continuous intelligence, career advancement opportunities by demonstrating knowledge and increasing visibility among hiring managers and access to a larger community in order to network with peers while fostering credibility.
The certification program includes three levels of certification - Pro User, Power User and Power Admin - based on the level of usage and expertise with the Sumo Logic platform. Specifically:
- Level 1: Sumo Pro User - Sumo Pro Users possess broad knowledge about analyzing logs and metrics, and have familiarity with the Sumo Logic service related to simple data searching, filtering, parsing and analyzing. Taking advantage of Sumo Logic Apps, Certified Sumo Pro Users can quickly and easily get up and running using the out-of-the-box content to start monitoring their data, identifying trends and staying on top of their critical events.
- Level 2: Sumo Power User - Sumo Power Users possess deep technical knowledge on how to analyze and correlate their logs and metrics to easily identify those critical events that are important to the organization. In addition to taking advantage of out-of-the-box content, Certified Sumo Power Users can build dashboards and alerts for their custom apps, unlocking the power of Sumo Logic to analyze, measure and monitor the health of their environments.
- Level 3: Sumo Power Admin - Sumo Power Admins possess deep technical knowledge on how to set up, manage and optimize their Sumo Logic solution. In addition to securing and and managing their Sumo Logic environment, Certified Sumo Power Admins can design and deploy a data collection strategy that fits their infrastructure. Keeping an eye on the pulse, Sumo Power Admins can also optimize data querying to fit their searching patterns.
“Our goal with the Sumo Logic Certification Program is to empower our users with the knowledge, skills and continuous intelligence needed for modern application innovation,” said Dean Thomas, VP of customer success for Sumo Logic. “In order to facilitate all skill sets, we are offering three different certification levels, so whether the user is just beginning their journey with Sumo Logic, or if they have been a devoted customer for years, we have an offering tailored just for them that will help them maximize their investment in the Sumo Logic platform.”
The Sumo Logic certifications for levels 1 and 2 are now available and can be completed via an online exam. Level 3 will be available later this year. Tutorials and webinars are available for each certification level in order to help users prepare to take the exam. Once the exams are successfully completed, users receive a certificate and a badge that can be added to their resume and LinkedIn profiles.
Trainings for the Sumo Pro User and Sumo Power User levels will also be available at Illuminate, Sumo Logic’s first-ever user conference, which will bring together the top customers, experts and luminaries to share best practices and hands-on training for building, running and securing modern applications. The event will take place Sept. 12-13, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport Hotel in Burlingame, Calif.
For more information on training, certifications and additional resources, please visit: http://www.sumologic.com/learn/certifications/
Learn more about Sumo Logic
- Attend Illuminate, the Sumo Logic User Conference, Sept. 12-13, 2017
- Learn more about Sumo Logic’s Certification Program
- Sign up for Sumo Logic instantly and for free
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is the leading cloud-native, machine data analytics platform delivering real-time continuous intelligence, from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. More than 1,500 customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a multi-tenant, service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Founded in 2010, Sumo Logic is a privately held company based in Redwood City, CA and is backed by Accel Partners, DFJ, Greylock Partners, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Sequoia Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Kulesa Faul for Sumo Logic