For nearly 10 years, AWS and Sumo Logic have been the perfect pairing for businesses going through their digital transformation journey. AWS provides the best technology to help companies with their digital transformation, while Sumo Logic provides continuous intelligence and insights to monitor, run and secure those applications on AWS. Every year, hundreds of companies turn to both AWS and Sumo Logic to modernize their applications and get the visibility and real-time insights essential to run and secure those applications.
Since our inception, Sumo Logic has leveraged the unmatched performance and scalability of AWS to power our Continuous Intelligence Platform for our 2,000+ customers. Starting off as an early adopter of AWS has given us a very unique perspective on how companies can thrive in today’s cloud era.
New Innovations for AWS Users
This year, with increased adoption of container-based microservices, comes increased complexity and volume of machine data which companies are struggling to manage and analyze.
To help companies tackle this problem, we are excited to announce a series of innovations that make it easy for our joint customers to get continuous real-time insights they can use to speed the release of software and services as well as meet increasing customer experience expectations.
What we are announcing today is:
- New integration with Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) to help you monitor the health of their clusters, determine resource bottlenecks, correlate and investigate errors across containers and quickly respond and remediate the root cause of application failures
- New Sumo Logic apps for AWS for intuitive navigation across your AWS organizational hierarchies to get a unified view of the operational and security posture of your AWS environments
- AWS Security Quick Start that helps you get started instantly with a decade of security best practices that we have learned across 2000+ customers via queries and dashboards across multiple Sumo Logic security apps for AWS.
- AWS Fargate container logs collection and analysis with AWS FireLens and Sumo Logic, that makes it easier for you to use the Sumo Logic’s Continuous Intelligence Platform to monitor and troubleshoot application and container issues
- Support for Amazon MSK to monitor and troubleshoot managed Kafka clusters in AWS
- Support for AWS Lambda Provisioned Concurrency to monitor the performance of your pre-initialized Lambda functions
2019: Continuing the AWS Partnership Momentum
As an advanced technology partner and premier AWS Marketplace seller, we continue to grow our business with AWS. In the past year, we further differentiated ourselves as a key AWS partner through the following:
- Grew AWS Marketplace Business. Sumo Logic saw an increase in AWS Marketplace transactions (3.6x year-over-year) and revenue (23x) year-over-year that further shows joint customer value.\
- Introduced Global Intelligence Service for AWS GuardDuty at AWS’s inaugural security event re:Inforce as well as Global Intelligence Service for Amazon CloudTrail. These ground-breaking services delivers real-time actionable insights that enable customers to benchmark themselves against other adopters of the AWS cloud infrastructure to strengthen their cloud security posture, improve threat detection, and enhance regulatory compliance of AWS accounts and workloads.
- Achieved AWS Container Competency status. Attaining this competency recognizes Sumo Logic’s proven success helping AWS customers efficiently run containerized workloads. This recognition further adds to our growing list of AWS competences that include Big Data, DevOps, and Security.
This past year was a very eventful year for both companies and we do not expect things to slow down as more companies continue to migrate to the cloud. As we approach ten years working with AWS, we look forward to what the next decade will bring from our very unique partnership.
Complete visibility for DevSecOps
Reduce downtime and move from reactive to proactive monitoring.