The Availability and Performance Challenge
Machine data holds the answers to the level of availability and performance of an organization’s applications and infrastructure. However, with the explosive growth in the volume, variety, and velocity of machine data, organizations today cannot keep up and are therefore unable to transform their data into insights.
To maintain robust operations, enterprises must extract real-time insights about the health, performance, and usage of their application and infrastructure stack. Alerts must be triggered in real-time, visualizations must be continuously updating, and issue resolution must transition from reactive troubleshooting to proactive monitoring.
Furthermore, in order to effectively increase availability and performance by leveraging machine data, organizations need a platform that is capable of scaling to handle the volume of data generated and robust enough to transform that data into insights.
To maintain robust operations, enterprises must extract real-time insights about the health, performance, and usage of their application and infrastructure stack.
Sumo Logic enables enterprises to increase availability and performance through the following features:
- Search and analytics engine that identifies insights in real time
- Anomaly Detection and LogReduce machine learning analytics for real-time detection of events
- Single-pane dashboards powered by Continuous Queries™ that provide up-to-the-second visibility of trends and insights
Examples of customer success using Sumo Logic to increase availability and performance include:
- Limelight Networks: 75% reduction in Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR)
- Global Asset Manager (over $750B managed): 95% reduction in MTTR from 2 hours to 2 minutes
- PagerDuty: Saved $450K-$600K in staffing costs and achieved ROI in under 1 month
Increase Availability and Performance with Sumo Logic
Organizations using Sumo Logic identify issues before they impact the application and customer through analytics that quickly uncovers hidden root causes of failures across all parts of the application and infrastructure stack, from web applications to the network layer. Leveraging machine learning to complement human knowledge, these organizations are able to deliver instant insight from massive data sets, thereby resolving issues immediately and keeping critical resources focused on high value activities.
The Sumo Logic Advantage
To solve the real-time customer insights challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation machine data analytics platform, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data.
Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:
Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is the first and only petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premises solutions fail.
Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and Anomaly Detection technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors, patterns and events hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.